This is a delicious, quick and easy meal to throw together, especially on warm evenings like we're having in Johannesburg right now.
Our afternoon thundershowers are so, so welcome just to cool things down a bit.
Anyway, back to the kitchen...
I assemble each of our meals separately because I like more vegetables but if you're not fussy, then just double the ingredients and serve in two bowls later, okay?
Ingredients (per person)
- 200g cooked pasta shapes of your choice
- 100g red kidney beans (just because they look so pretty); lentils also work (if you really don't like legumes, use chicken)
- 1 small apple, cored and diced (with skin)
- 40g onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon plain, low-fat yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- salt, pepper, italian herbs to taste
Mix everything well in a bowl bigger than your serving dish (otherwise you can't stir properly)Garnish with a sprig of parsley (I like coriander)
P.S. This is a great way to use up leftovers!