- a 30-minute, one-on-one session where I will help you set meaningful goals for 2008 and work out your action plan as soon as we can find a mutually acceptable time
- 3 hour-long group coaching calls, one a month for January, February and March. The calls will be held at 8pm South Africa time/ 1pm New York time. Check here for your city. Even if the times don't work for you, you will get the recordings afterward. (I belong to a coaching programme too and the times never work for me so I listen in while I tidy my desk, do filing, etc.)
- unlimited email support for the duration of the goals programme
- support and accountability
- a practical action plan
- great ideas
- clarity and focus
- a free copy of How to set and achieve your goals, a value of R120
December 25, 2007
December 14, 2007
[background - in South Africa, this is rare because our unemployment rates are so high. I don't have stats because I believe that employers all over South Africa would love to have me work for them and will pay me mega-bucks to do so. Hey - if I don't believe it, why should they?!]
So I sent him an email saying, "that's so brave of her".
I'd just clicked send when I realised that others could also think it's crazy of her!
It's all in perception, you see. That's why a negative situation can always have a bright side.
For me, I'm looking on the bright side with being booked off for FOUR WHOLE WEEKS to recover from the surgery. I have
- finished a new e-course
- am halfway through a new coaching programme
- emails are up to date
- I've read LOTS of books
- vegging with Oprah and Rachael Ray
- we're 90% ready for Christmas
- have done lots of website maintenance
- have lots of draft blog posts, ready to publish
How about you?
December 11, 2007
1. Washing all the fake flowers in the house (unfortunately, Dion and I don't have a green finger between us)
3. Packing for our trip (download my travel checklist)
4. Blogging extra posts for when I'm on holiday
What are you tackling today?
December 07, 2007
- I can't do that.
- I have no choice.
- They always do this.
- I'm too old.
- I'm too young.
- I'm too fat.
- I don't have experience.
These are some of the negative things we say to ourselves every day.
I heard once that 50 000 messages flash through our minds every single day. Wow!
Now imagine if even just 10% of those messages were negative? That's a huge mountain of self-doubt to climb!
What if you started changing it around? Say...
- I can do it. If I get stuck, I can always ask for help.
- I do have a choice. I will accept responsibility for my life.
- Yes, I am overweight but from today, I will start doing just ONE thing every week to take care of myself better.
Every time you catch yourself saying something negative, STOP and rephrase what you just said. Make it a habit and you'll soon not even need the self-confidence shower curtain :)
What are some of the things you tell yourself?
Recommended: Who am I? - a guide to discovering yourself and click on downloadable products
December 06, 2007
Jennifer Aniston as Justine Last in The Good Girl.
Ooooh - this quote gives me chills!
Bookings are open for the 2008 Goals Coaching Programme!
December 05, 2007
Browse my recipes for many other less-than-30-minute meals
December 02, 2007
8 passions in my life
Getting things done
8 things to do before I die
Write a book
Visit New York
Travel all over the world speaking to groups
Visit Ireland (May 2008)
Go on a cruise to Jamaica
Appear on a TV show
Work in another country for a year
(if I was asking someone else these questions, I’d say, “so what’s stopping you?”)
8 things I often say
I love you
Kiss me, D
Yes, you do! (often when people say “I don’t have a choice”)
By the way…
8 books I read recently
She’s out of control - Kristen Billerbeck
Past secrets – Cathy Kelly
A woman’s secret to a balanced life – Lysa Terkeurst & Sharon Jaynes
A perfect divorce – Francesca Clementis
Think on these things – John Maxwell
Anybody out there? – Marian Keyes
Yours, faithfully – Sheila O’Flanagan
A day late and a dollar short – Terry McMillan
8 songs that mean something to me
Glory of love – Peter Cetera
You can’t hurry love – Phil Collins
Just the way you are – Billy Joel
Have I told you lately? – Rod Stewart
Tainted love – Soft Cell
The way you look tonight - ?? (from My Best Friend’s Wedding)
Come on Eileen – Dexy’s Midnight Runners
Don’t dream it’s over - Crowded House (BTW, ever notice how much Crowded House sing about kitchens?!)
And I’m cheating a bit here…
Beautiful Day – U2 (incidentally, my ringtone)
8 qualities I look for in a friend
A sense of fun
Not afraid to share meaningfully
Generous of spirit
Different/ edgy/ a bit weird J
8 people I'm passing this along to (if you don’t want to do it, no problem)
Ali from Australia
If anything seems weird (!) and you want to ask, feel free :)